1. Organize and operate a first-class intercollegiate soccer program.
2. Recruit effectively within the guidelines set by the college, the Old Dominion Athletic Conference, and NCAA Division III.
3. Create a positive, relationship-based team culture, promoting a positive, value-added element to each student-athlete’s educational experience.
4. Monitor the academic progress of the student-athletes and mentor them throughout their careers.
5. Plan, organize, and implement off-season conditioning programs in accordance with the NCAA, ODAC, and Guilford College regulations and policies.
6. Lead assistant coaches and team members to achieve in a highly competitive collegiate conference.
7. Plan and execute in-season practices, utilizing current, best-practice coaching strategies.
8. Efficiently manage the operational budget set forth by the college.
9. Perform a significant supplementary duty and other minor ones as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
10. Adhere to NCAA, ODAC, and Guilford College rules and regulations regarding the soccer program and intercollegiate athletics.
The head women’s soccer coach will be a fully engaged campus leader who impacts the personal development of both student-athletes and non-athletes. He/She will work with the Director of Athletics and Dean of Students to fulfill this objective and the overall mission of the college. The successful candidate will possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with at least five years of coaching experience, preferably at the collegiate level and with increasing responsibilities.