Purpose: Direct the player development activities of DA which includes, but not limited to managing Development Academy staff and as well as coaching U15, U17 and U18 teams within DA structure.
Time Requirements: This is a full-time position, requiring on average 40 hours per week.
Required Licenses: USSF 'A' license or equivalent desires, minimum USSF ‘B’ required.
Job Description: While the items listed below are a basic set of criteria for the Academy Director position, the Club expects that a successful candidate will help in articulating and refining the objectives of the position:
1. Develop an overall system of player development, curriculum and style of play for Development Academy which is consistent with the requirements of USSF
2. Responsible to manage all day to day functions to ensure that DA program is current with best practices and maintaining relationships with local DA, ECNL as well as national federation.
3. Assist with miscellaneous unspecified administrative duties to complement the day-to-day running of the DA.
4. Responsible for appointing all DA coaches and, where necessary, resolve any coach/player, coach/parent conflicts.
5. Serve as a substitute coach for DA teams in those rare instances when the coach has an unavoidable conflict and the game/practice cannot be rescheduled.
6. Responsible for organizing promoting and supervising all player evaluations team evaluations, talent ID placements, and selections in conjunction with other DA staff
7. Have direct and consistent (weekly) contact with Academy coaches via the provision of game day analysis feedback, coach development, training program design, and including at times the delivery of training sessions including assigned teams.
PO BOX 156 | DOWNINGTOWN, PA 19335 | www.continentalfc.org | email@example.com
8. Responsible for working with the Technical Director and Board and appropriate Club authorities in the following areas:
a. Creation of a Club library to include coaching and player training materials
b. Creation of seasonal plan templates which follows periodization appropriate for each cycle
c. Development of risk management and travel policies for teams
d. Definition and implementation of a Center of Excellence program for top players
e. Development and implementation of player and coaching retention programs
f. Refinement and implementation of Club Sportsmanship programs
g. Creation and implementation of Club college recruitment information program as well as overseeing the player’s college recruitment activities
h. Definition of nutrition, training, and psychological development programs
9. Maintain lines of communication with Technical Director, President, coaching staff, another technical staff and CFC Administrator. Provide written reports as directed.
10.Organize and plan annual college night games and workshop event.
11.Create yearly goals, yearly plan, weekly goals for each team in conjunction with DA coaches.
12.Organize, manage and run DA team camps and additional training events as directed by the Technical Director and President
13.Responsible to promote and publish information about DA within the club and on club sponsored social media to reflect a demonstrative commitment to the program.
14.Participate in all Club programs and camps
15.Return all emails and phone calls within a 24-48-hour period.
Application Deadline is March 12, 2017