The LSA Technical Director has the primary task of the development, management and operation of all events and programs related to the technical development of players across the state and the education and training of coaches. Essential Functions include, but shall not be limited to, the following:
The Technical Director develops, markets and conducts courses and clinics to educate coaches at all levels of play across the state.
- Act as coaching education liaison with US Soccer, US Youth Soccer, NSCAA and all other organization that provide coaching educational services. Attend all US Soccer coaching meetings and symposia as directed.
- Identify, recruit, train, evaluate and manage an Instructional Coaching Staff to teach all Coaching Education courses.
- Maintain state-wide coaching education programs for all levels of play in conjunction with those programs promulgated by US Soccer and US Youth Soccer.
- Develop a Coaching Education marketing strategy to encourage coaches to seek coaching education and to encourage Clubs to host courses.
- Coordinate a sufficient number of US Youth Soccer Youth Modules and E-License and D-License courses state-wide sufficient to insure all LSA players at all levels are receiving the best and most informed coaching possible.
Technical Department Programs
The LSA Technical Director shall be proactive and innovative in developing, marketing and conducting programs designed to increase the participation and technical development of youth players.
- Identify, recruit, train, evaluate and manage a Player Development Coaching Staff to instruct at all Technical Department Programs.
- Develop marketing strategies and materials to advertise and promote all Technical Department programs.
- Develop and manage a Director of Coaching Program to assist those clubs that do not employ a Director of Coaching to implement programs and coaching philosophies to strengthen participation and the development of their players and coaches.
- Develop outreach programs in partnership with local schools, parks departments and other organizations and coordinate all efforts to market and grow TOPSoccer with the member of the Executive Committee tasked with TOPSoccer
Olympic Development Program
The Technical Director shall manage all aspects of the Louisiana Olympic Development Program (“ODP”) and all other programs and events designed to give youth players pathways to playing the game at the collegiate level.
The Technical Director is expected to perform all administrative duties necessary to accomplish the goals of the Technical Department and LSA.
- Cooperate with and assist in the administration of other LSA programs and events.
- Attend all appropriate national and regional meetings pertaining to coaching education and player development including.
- Manage all inventory of apparel, coaching materials and publications associated with Technical Department events and programs.
- Draft written goals for all Technical Department programs and events.
- Formulate an annual budget for each Technical Department program and event and assist in the development of the overall LSA Budget.
- Manage and report all Financial Aid granted to players and their families for participation in any LSA Technical Department program or event.
- Maintain all pages of the website pertaining to all Technical Department programs and events.
- Attend and prepare and submit a report for each Executive Committee meeting.
- When required, assist with the development of new affiliates. This includes speaking at affiliated meetings, new organizations, parent groups, schools, regional and national meetings.
- Evaluate, verify and approve the accuracy of all expenses of all ODP Coaches and Administrators and State Coaching staffs.