ABOUT KICK4LIFE F.C. AND ACADEMY
Kick4Life is the world’s first soccer club exclusively dedicated to social change. As a social enterprise our mission is to provide African youth with the opportunity to achieve their potential through a variety of social development activities. Our Men’s team plays in the Lesotho Premier League and our Women’s team in the Lesotho Super League. The Kick4Life Academy is a fully residential elite soccer development program in Lesotho (Southern Africa) that provides scholarship opportunities to young, talented African youth. The Academy focuses on elite soccer training, academic education and character development, enabling global pathways to the student-athletes, including professional soccer and international university Scholarships. The Academy is Lesotho’s first full-time residential youth football academy and scholarship program.
The Head Academy Coach is responsible for leading the Academy’s technical football direction, planning, training, coaching and coach development. In addition, they will support the overall talent identification and development model for the K4L Academy. The Head Academy Coach’s primary objective is to create a stable, positive, supportive and demanding environment for football, academic & character success for every Kick4Life Academy player. That success will be measured by the long-term international academic football scholarships and academy/professional contracts achieved.
The Head Academy Coach will be responsible for the following five priority activities, as well as additional roles as coordinated with the Academy Director:
- Develop and deliver Kick4Life Academy’s overall technical football direction, and lead the annual/monthly/weekly training, development and evaluation program in
- Head Coach responsibilities (including a daily rotational lead coaching role) with the Kick4Life Academy (Ages 12-18).
- Develop and deliver a regular coach education and evaluation program for the local Kick4Life
- Lead, develop and engage in Kick4Life’s Southern African talent scouting and identification
- Work with the Academy Director to support and deliver on Kick4Life’s expanding character, culture, academic and student-athlete empowerment
- Liaise with key strategic partners to develop a world class Academy model.
JOB ACCOUNTABILITY & MEASUREMENT
This position reports directly to the CEO and/or Lesotho Country Director.
The Head Academy Coach will be measured first on the effort, positive engagement and improvement of the student-athletes and coaches on the pitch, in addition to the long-term objectives of (i) international soccer scholarships and (ii) academy/professional contract placements for the Kick4Life Academy youth.