Huntsville FC (HFC), a youth soccer club in Huntsville, Alabama established in 1999, is seeking an outstanding individual to join our staff as a U13-U15 Program Director. We are looking for a Program director who values player development and creating a positive youth training environment. This is a full-time salary, exempt position with opportunities for additional compensation through coaching camps and other Huntsville FC programs. The position will report to the Director of Coaching (DOC) and will involve club business related activities supporting the Executive Director (ED).
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Team selection, coordination and oversight, including supervise training of teams, evaluate coaches at games, monitor progress and support coaches and player evaluations
• Support the development and evaluation of the HFC curriculum and level of play.
• Assist DOC with coach education/development program.
• Support in the development and execution of the club’s technical programs.
• Supervise, manage, and lead all U13-U15 coaches and additional support technical staff. Support the staffing assignments each season.
• Support and help develop and implement values driven programming.
• Assist the DOC with year-end planning and club performance evaluation.
• Support, prepare and supervise tryouts.
• Promote HFC within the community by communicating to all constituents (parents, coaches, athletes and the community).
• Support the outreach program to grow the HFC player base in surrounding communities.
• Support HFC recreational programs.
• Support all Club-based activities: tryouts, scheduling, camps, clinics, tournaments, marketing, outreach, etc. and other activities as assigned by the DOC and ED.
• Perform daily office duties including answering phone calls, emails, voicemails, etc.
• Perform business related tasks in support of the Executive Director such as the outreach and support services programs activities.
• Actively pursue professional development through conferences, clinics, licensing, etc.
• Actively assist HFC in promoting the mission of the club throughout the state and region.
• Coach and or train up to 2-3 teams per season.
• Establish office and field hours as directed by the Executive Director.
• Contribute written materials for manuals, articles, website, etc.
• Support and coordinate the curriculum for all HFC sponsored camp activities.
• Schedule coaching cover for practices and games for the U13-U15 programs.
• Assist with developing job descriptions for all staff.
• Manage the periodic observation and evaluation of games and practices for all U13-U15 teams to provide assistance and guidance to the players and coaches.
• Be actively involved in personal continuing coaching education and development.
• Provide approved tournament list to ensure proper team and player development for the U13-U15 teams.
• Support the college recruiting program and educate U13-U15 players and parents on college playing opportunities.
• Minimum of a USSF ‘C’ License or United Soccer Coaches(USC) Equivalent.
• Goal keeper certification is preferred but not required.
• Significant coaching experience at the club/college level, preferably in a leadership position.
• High level of playing experience (college or professional preferred)
• Demonstrated organizational, managerial, communication and conflict resolution skills.
• Demonstrated computer and Microsoft Office skills
Be able to work at a minimum of 4 office hours per day during the season and at least 8 hours per day during the off season.
Weekend hours and extended weekly hours during peak tournament, camp, club and programs seasons.
Role may require lifting, moving pushing, pulling, equipment and boxes.
Should be able to handle outdoor temperatures for reasonable periods of time.
Ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Additional Salary Information: Dependent on experience
Internal Number: 2018
About Huntsville Futbol Club
Huntsville FC is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) youth soccer club based in Huntsville, AL serving the communities of Huntsville, Madison, and Madison County since 1999. Huntsville FC provides youth recreational and competitive soccer opportunities for over 750 boys and girls ages 2-18.
BACK TO TOP
United Soccer Coaches Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else United Soccer Coaches Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at United Soccer Coaches Career Center.